Fourth Street, Suite #106
Be A CMI Teacher Overseas
I know many of you have desired to go on one of our overseas conferences in the past. This is a GREAT SHORT TERM MINISTRY OPPORTUNITY!! Every year, new teachers start working at our conferences Here again are the qualifications for conference teachers:
1. Solid, recent experience in the use of our "Bible Building Blocks of the Faith" Curriculum. These flannelboard based materials are truly unique, combining a question and answer, Bible memory verse, Bible memory verse song, Bible lesson, review game and craft in each lesson. I will normally ask the C/E director or pastor for a recommendation of the prospective teacher, if I am not acquainted with him/her.
2. A willingness to raise your own support for the travel expenses to the overseas location. For example, to fly to Thailand along with a hotel stay en route is around $1000. Teachers normally use CMI stationary to send letters to friends, relatives and churches telling about this unique opportunity to teach Missionary Children around the world.
3. The teacher must agree with CMI's Statement of Faith (found on our web page: www.childministry.com or on our brochures). This is a standard statement for evangelical, Bible believing organizations.
The benefits of teaching at CMI conferences are manifold:
1. You have the privilege of truly impacting these young lives for Christ, besides aiding their missionary parents. There have been conversions at these conferences! Many of these children will become missionaries themselves.
2. You have the opportunity to see, seasoned CMI teachers use different techniques in teaching crafts and singing. This should strengthen your teaching abilities back at home. You also get to keep the lesson and visuals being taught (visualized songs too!).
3. You get to meet many missionaries "in the field" along with gaining new insights into overseas church planting and evangelism. You should become a better "world Christian" by understanding the environment that missionaries face and be better able to pray for them. You'll probably, also, make some new friends. Missionary families are often so enthused about the great training their children receive that they want to translate CMI material for use in their own church-planting areas!
4. And finally, you have the opportunity to see a part of the world where you might not have ever been. There is normally sufficient time off for sight-seeing. Additionally, many of the teachers add a week at the beginning or end of the overseas conference to see more of that area of the world.
So there you have it! Start planning now for an overseas trip next year. Contact the CMI office by phone (toll free, 1-888-345-4264, email or web page: www.childministry.com) to show your inter est. I'll be looking forward to hearing from you!
Website Design by ChristianWebmaker.com